Thursday, February 7, 2008

Misc. Anecdotes In No Particular Order

I'm trying to remember some things that I wanted to blog but have forgotten as Ariana hasn't let me touch the computer much. (She's on my lap now.)

With no discussion on our part about our occupations back home, our guide, William, in Beijing, surmised that Michael would be in IT, and guessed that I was a teacher. Pretty close, I thought.

We haven't seen mistranslated signs, but I was mildly amused by the left lane of the freeway, labelled "Overtaking Lane." There are some things that lose something in translation on the menu. For example, we can order "fried onions with white fungus," or "ground beef with manured cheddar (cheeseburger.)"

Now that we've reached Guangzhou, we really can order deep fried fish head, hot & sour beef intestine, or steamed snake. I haven't tried any of these yet.

You know how fun it is to eat at a restaurant with a toddler? How about for EVERY meal? It's a great diet plan.

I thought it would be very hard to adopt an older child, and we specifically wanted a baby or toddler. There were two kids adopted in our travel group, age 7 & 10 who were both delightful. What an amazing journey for these kids. They gave me a whole new outlook on adoption.

No comments: